Website North York General Hospital
Making North York General Hospital Difference in the World.
Job Title Analytics Consultant
Job Details Union: Non-Union Department: Business Intelligence >> Decision Support >>Decision Support Reports To: Manager, Decision Support and Business Intelligence Job Category: Business Intelligence, Analysis and Decision Support
FTE: 1.0 Shifts: Day Shift Duration: 8’s Status: Full-Time Permanent Number of Positions: 1 Site: General Site, 4001 Leslie Street Salary: $40.99 – $49.38 /Hour
Post Date: 26/07/2022 Closing Date: 11/08/2022
Position Summary Analytics Consultant, Decision Support Your goal in this position is to work with health system administrators and professionals to facilitate evidence-based decision making that is aligned with North York General Hospital’s strategic directions. You will support the organization regarding information needs and analysis for decision making, quality improvement, internal/external reporting requirements and gaining insights into its business. You will provide support and assistance to various stakeholders on patient activities, resource utilization, evaluation of quality of care, benchmarking and validation and research. You have a solid understanding of population funding methodology including CMG/HIG and HSFR. You have a good understanding of clinical and corporate data needs in a hospital setting. You have excellent oral and written communication skills. You have strong problem solving, data management and analytical skills. You are able to communicate effectively with non-technical stakeholders and work with all levels of management. You can multi-task and manage multiple projects concurrently and meet deadlines. You have strong organizational and time management skills. This position contributes to the shared responsibility of ensuring health and safety policies are followed to provide for a healthy environment for patients, staff, physicians, volunteers and families.
On a practical level, you will:
• Integrate and analyze clinical and utilization/administrative data to produce reports to support decision making and make recommendations on information to support strategic planning and knowledge development.
• Provide centralized consulting services through education, communication and presentations to all levels of management (Directors, Managers, etc.)
• Extract data from various information sources and BI tools (e.g., Cognos), develop and generate standard reports, and respond to ad hoc data requests from internal and external stakeholders
• Assist with benchmarking activities related to clinical and corporate performance data
• Provides critical analysis of data to assists clinical teams with optimizing the use of clinical practice guidelines
• Maintain existing and develop new statistical and forecasting models
• Prepare custom reports for day to day business use, and data quality and validation purposes
• Perform quality control reviews including data processing flow analysis to ensure reliability and accuracy of collected data
• Coordinate and implement Decision Support related projects through the phases of project management
• Track and analyze key corporate performance indicators
• Provide guidance and expertise with respect to indicator and metric development for performance monitoring
• Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to support reporting and evaluation projects
• Coach and explain technical matters to other staff and assist BI Report writers and other staff in the hospital.
• Degree in Health Information or a related field (Business Administration, Computer Science, Statistics, Health Sciences or Health Information Management), or equivalent education/experience.
• Three to five years of experience working with databases and various health information systems
• In-depth knowledge of databases used to capture information in various health sectors including: Hospital databases (e.g. NACRS, DAD, etc.); provincial/regional data repositories (e.g. Intellihealth, Ontario Wait Times) and Hospital standards including ICD-10CAIn-depth knowledge of SAS/SPSS/SQL and experience with data-mining tools
• Working knowledge with SPSS Modeler /other statistical tools
• Proficient in the use of Windows Operating System and Microsoft Office suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
• Experience and knowledge of data management, statistical analysis and forecasting techniques required
• Experience with information systems used for managing and reporting clinical and corporate data
• Strong communication skills, and ability to work collaboratively with diverse stakeholders across the hospital
• Understanding of health care quality indicators
• Experience in developing Business Intelligence reports/dashboards is an asset.
What We Offer Working at NYGH means working with a dynamic team of fellow healthcare providers, staff, and volunteers in one of Canada’s leading hospitals. This is a Full-time Permanent Position with 8 hour shifts, days shifts in Decision Support department. We are currently operating in a hybrid, partially remote working model. We offer a highly competitive total compensation package which may include benefits, pension, vacation pay, or pay in lieu of benefits, when applicable. If you were searching for more reasons to consider joining the wonderful team at NYGH, check out some features of our Total Rewards package by visiting nygh.on.ca
How to Apply
Think you’re the right person for the job? Here’s your first chance to show us why:
• Ensure to meet the deadline – only applications received by the closing date will be considered.
• We will review all applications and will contact those selected for an interview.
Please refer to the Job Opportunities page on Eric for more detailed application instructions.
At North York General, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live, including those with disabilities. North York General is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.