Website North York General Hospital
Job Title Case Costing Analyst – Financial Planning
Job Details Union: Non-Union Department: Finance >> – Financial Planning Reports To: Manager, Financial Planning and Case Costing Job Category: Accounting/Finance/Payroll
FTE: 1.0 Shifts: Day Shift Duration: 8’s Status: Full-Time Permanent Number of Positions: 1 Site: General Site, 4001 Leslie Street Salary: $40.58 – $48.90 /Hour
Post Date: September 14, 2021 Closing Date: September 21, 2021
Position Summary The Case Costing Analyst will provide comprehensive expertise and analysis on the Hospital’s case costing data to support the operational and strategic decision-making of their clients, (i.e., clinical programs and senior management).
On a practical level, you will:
• Identifying opportunities for improved quality of care, reduced practice variation and cost savings compared to best practices/peer hospitals and provide recommendations to various levels of management.
• Working with clients to use case costing information for decisions regarding the annual financial budget (i.e., cost-saving initiatives, strategic investments), utilization management, physician impact planning, quality-based procedure performance, etc.
• Working with clients to develop business cases including proposals to the Ministry for funding.
• Supporting the senior management team in strategy development.
• Educating clients on the Hospital’s case costing methodology and coaching them on Health System Funding Reform.
• Managing each program’s financial and utilization data to ensure quality and accuracy.
• Design and create case costing reports using Crystal Reports.
• Managing external stakeholder requirements including annual submission to the Ministry, completion of stakeholder ad hoc reports and surveys, and participation on Ministry working groups for the hospital sector.
• Assist in other projects as assigned.
• Post-secondary degree in Health Information Sciences, Health Administration, Business Administration, Accounting or a related field, or equivalent education/experience.
• Completion of (or nearing completion of) professional accounting or health information management designation (CA, CMA, CGA, CHIM or Master in Business Administration).
• Minimum two years of decision support or financial analysis experience in a healthcare organization.
• Minimum one year of recent hospital case costing experience, an asset.
• Excellent analytical, problem recognition and problem solving skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written).
• Ability to communicate key issues and recommendations to clinical and senior management.
• Experienced in working with large datasets, converting to meaningful information and “telling the story” behind the numbers.
• Demonstrated attention to detail and committed to improving data quality.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively with all members of the health care team.
• Demonstrated organizational skills, ability to exercise judgment in determining priorities and meet deadlines.
• Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft products.
• Expert knowledge of Crystal reports, versions 8.5 and higher.
• Familiarity with healthcare (CIHI) databases and DAD, NACRS, OMHRS grouping methodologies.
• Familiarity with MIS Standards, Ontario Healthcare Reporting System, preferred
• Bilingualism in French/ English an asset
What We Offer Working at NYGH means working with a dynamic team of fellow healthcare providers, staff, and volunteers in one of Canada’s leading hospitals. This is a Full Time Regular position, with 8 hour shifts, days in the Corporate Finance Department. We offer a highly competitive total compensation package that includes benefits, pension, and vacation. If you were searching for more reasons to consider joining the wonderful team at NYGH, check out some features of our Total Rewards package by visiting nygh.on.ca
How to Apply
Think you’re the right person for the job? Here’s your first chance to show us why:
• Ensure to meet the deadline – only applications received by the closing date will be considered.
• We will review all applications and will contact those selected for an interview.
Please refer to the Job Opportunities page on eric for more detailed application instructions.
At North York General, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live, including those with disabilities. North York General is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.