Website North York General Hospital
Job Title Cleaner, Environmental Services
Job Details Union: SEIU-S Department: Seniors Health Centre >> Other Accomodation >> – SHC-Environmental Srv Reports To: Supervisor Job Category: Environmental Services
FTE: 0.4 Shifts: Day,Evening,Weekends Shift Duration: 4’s,8’s,12’s Status: Part-Time Temporary Contract Duration: 1 year Number of Positions: 1 Site: Seniors Health Centre, 2 Buchan Court Salary: $21.08 – $24.41 /Hour
Post Date: 06/10/2021 Closing Date: 18/10/2021
Position Summary Cleaner, Seniors’ Health Centre Environmental Services Your goal in this position is to perform general housekeeping activities within the established guidelines for health and safety, infection control and quality management. You’re able to work independently and as a team, you communicate effectively with colleagues, staff and residents, and provide excellent customer service. The position supports the hospital’s academic mandate by advancing care through teaching and learning and/or transforming care through research and innovation. This position contributes to the shared responsibility of ensuring health and safety policies are followed to provide for a healthy environment for patients, staff, physicians, volunteers and families.
On a practical level, you will:
• Work safely in accordance with the Occupational Health & Safety Act, Workplace Hazardous Material Information System (WHMIS), Ministry of Environment Regulation 309 (Biomedical Waste), and other work related regulations
• Have a good understanding of chemical and equipment use, including vacuum cleaners, auto scrubbers, and carpet extractors
• Have the ability to read, write English and follow written instructions
• Be able to walk, stand, reach, kneel and lift weights up to 30 lbs. and push carts on wheels
• Dust, sweep and damp mops floors
• Collect garbage
• Replenish supplies
• Strip, disinfect and make discharged beds ready for new admissions
• Move furniture
• Wax, strip floors/heavy cleaning, isolation, etc.
• Clean resident and non-resident areas as assigned
• Grade XII diploma or equivalent
• Certified in Health and Safety – preferred
• Previous cleaning experience with micro fiber system
• Ability to read, write English and follow written instructions
• Ability to communicate with residents and staff
• Good understanding of chemical and equipment use, including vacuum cleaners, auto scrubbers, and carpet extractors
• Ability to work independently or as a team
• Strong customer service skills
What We Offer Working at NYGH means working with a dynamic team of fellow healthcare providers, staff, and volunteers in one of Canada’s leading hospitals. This is Part Time Temporary, 4,8, and 12 hours shifts, day shifts, evening shifts, including weekends in Seniors’ Health Centre, Environmental Services department. We offer a highly competitive total compensation package that may include benefits, pension, and vacation.
FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY: As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Occupational Health and Safety department.
How to Apply
Think you’re the right person for the job? Here’s your first chance to show us why:
• Ensure to meet the deadline – only applications received by the closing date will be considered.
• We will review all applications and will contact those selected for an interview.
Please refer to the Job Opportunities page on eric for more detailed application instructions.
At North York General, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live, including those with disabilities. North York General is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.