Website North York General Hospital
Job Title Clinical Nurse Specialist
Job Details Union: Non-Union Department: Cancer Care >> Cancer Program Admin >> – Ostomy and Wound Care Reports To: Program Director Job Category: Nursing
FTE: 0.0 Shifts: Day Shift Duration: 8’s Status: Casual Number of Positions: 2 Site: General Site, 4001 Leslie Street Salary: $44.95 – $54.16 /Hour
Post Date: 01/03/2023 Closing Date: 31/03/2023
Clinical Nurse Specialist, Corporate Wound/Ostomy Care/Continence Program: As an advanced practice nurse, provides leadership and is responsible for the promotion and enhancement of Wound and Ostomy management in a diverse population across a continuum of developmental stages and various clinical populations. Initiates and participates in professional and organizational activities to improve and advance inter-professional practice in the area of wound and ostomy management. Assumes a leadership role in influencing clinical practice and patient outcomes and collaborates with broader health care team and community partners regarding complex and challenging patient care situations. Integrates research into practice to ensure best practice standards are maintained. Creates, utilizes and/or disseminates new knowledge. You have expert clinical skills in the assessment and management of acute and chronic wounds, as well as ostomy care. You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and excellent leadership and collaboration skills. You also have exceptional dialogue and facilitation skills, as well as teaching and learning skills. This position supports the hospital’s academic mandate by advancing care through teaching and learning and/or transforming care through research and innovation. This position contributes to the shared responsibility of ensuring health and safety policies are followed to provide for a healthy environment for patients, staff, physicians, volunteers and families.
On a practical level, you will:
• Provide assessment and consultation, to patients/families with complex wound and ostomy needs across all clinical programs
• Work in partnership with full-time CNS Wound/Ostomy/ program leadership, Pressure Injury Never Event Action Team, Professional Practice to develop, implement and evaluate best practices in wound and ostomy care across the organization
• Educate health care team members in best practices in the management of wound and ostomy care and collaborate with Clinical Nurse Educators and nursing staff and others to foster the development and expertise of staff and to advance inter-professional practice
• Lead the development and evaluation of policies, standards of care and clinical services in relation to the assessment and management of wound and ostomy care.
• Engage in scholarly activities, such as presentations and publications
• Engage in or conduct nursing research and participate in inter-professional research projects as required
• Completion of a Master’s Degree in Nursing or Specialty in Wound Healing (Preferred)
• Completion of Wound Ostomy Continence Education Program (WOC-EP) (Preferred)
• Canadian Nurses Association Certified in Wound Ostomy Continence (WOCC(c)) (Preferred)
• 3 years’ experience in direct wound and ostomy care experience (Required)
• Current registration from the College of Nurses of Ontario as an RN (Required)
• Membership in the Registered Nurses Association of Ontario, (Preferred)
What We Offer Working at NYGH means working with a dynamic team of fellow healthcare providers, staff, and volunteers in one of Canada’s leading hospitals. This is a Part Time Casual position with 8 hour shifts, days, in Corporate Wound/Ostomy Care/Continence. We offer a highly competitive total compensation package which includes pay in lieu of benefits, vacation pay and the opportunity to join the Hospital Pension Plan.
FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY: As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Occupational Health and Safety department.
How to Apply
Think you’re the right person for the job? Here’s your first chance to show us why:
• Ensure to meet the deadline – only applications received by the closing date will be considered.
• We will review all applications and will contact those selected for an interview.
Please refer to the Job Opportunities page on eric for more detailed application instructions.
At North York General, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live, including those with disabilities. North York General is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.