Website Hôpital Montfort
Hôpital Montfort is Ontario’s Francophone academic hospital, offering exemplary person-centred care. Montfort serves over 1.2 million people in Eastern Ontario, in both official languages. In 2018, Montfort earned Accreditation with Exemplary Standing from Accreditation Canada and was designated Best Practices Spotlight Organization by the Registered Nurses’ Association of Ontario. With its main partners, the University of Ottawa and Collège La Cité, as well as other post-secondary programs, Montfort is preparing the next generation of Francophone health care professionals. Since 2015, it has ranked among Canada’s top 40 research hospitals through the activities of the Institut du Savoir. As part of its 2016-2021 strategy, Montfort is aiming to become “your hospital of reference for outstanding services, designed with you and for you.” In 2019, it was named one of the world’s top 1000 hospitals. Our daily actions are guided by compassion, respect, mutual support, excellence and accountability.
Summary of Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Clinical Manager, the applicant provides quality patient care based on the steps of the nursing process in collaboration and consultation with the care team.
Your key responsibilities are:
– Provide nursing care and independent management of patients with uncomplicated needs, predictable progress and low risk of adverse outcomes, including education in preparation for discharge.
– Use the nursing approach to assess the patient’s care needs and recognize changes in health status aimed at achieving the goals set by the patient.
– Carry out nursing interventions that correspond to their competencies and scope of practice and that comply with organizational policies and procedures, the standards of care of the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO) and the best practices of the Ontario Nurses’ Association (ONA).
– Maintain a therapeutic relationship with the patient and family to recognize whether the expected results have been achieved and modify the care plan in collaboration with the patient.
– Work as part of a team, sharing knowledge and consulting with RNs and other members of the healthcare team.
– Provide professional leadership by acting as a preceptor to guide entry-level LPNs and/or LPN students in their clinical learning, and represent the profession by participating in nursing committees, working groups or focus groups.
– Keep skills up to date and practise the profession conscientiously.
– Perform other tasks delegated by the Manager.
– Hold a valid Certificate of Competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario.
– Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certification acquired within the last two (2) years at the immediate care (C) level.
– A minimum of six (6) months’ experience acquired within the last five (5) years in the position’s respective sector or other related fields.
– Ability to work with computer software (Microsoft Office).
– Intermediate oral and written proficiency in both official languages (French and English).
Hôpital Montfort recognizes the importance of patient care through the collaborative approach of all its employees, and the sense of responsibility each has towards achieving a superior level of care.
To do this, you have the following key competencies:
– Problem solving
– Learning-focused approach
– Clinical leadership
– Professional and technical skills
– Tolerance for stress
Hôpital Montfort is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities to apply.
If you require accommodation during the selection process, please notify us by email at email@example.com as soon as possible. We will put in place all of the necessary accommodations to ensure that your assessment is fair and equitable. Hôpital Montfort reviews accommodation requests in all confidentiality and reserves the right to ask for supporting documents.
An acknowledgement of receipt will be sent. Only those selected for an examination/interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit montfort.on.ca .