Website North York General Hospital
Job Title Patient & Family Centred Care Consultant
Job Details Union: Non-Union Department: Patient Experience and Quality Team >> Patient Experience and Quality Team >> Reports To: Manager, Quality and Service Innovation Job Category: Patient Experience, Quality and Risk
FTE: 1.0 Shifts: Day Shift Duration: 8’s Status: Full-Time Permanent Number of Positions: 1 Site: General Site, 4001 Leslie Street Salary: $36.91 – $44.47 /Hour
Post Date: September 15, 2021 Closing Date: September 22, 2021
Position Summary Patient- and Family-Centred Care Consultant Your goal in this position is to actively support the philosophy, goals, and strategic objectives of the Patient-and Family-Centred Care (PFCC) program. You will act as the primary contact for the Patient and Family Advisory Group, the Patient and Family Advisor (PFA) team and the organization for communication and issues related to PFCC. As the Patient- and Family-Centred Care Consultant you can work autonomously and within a team to impact change positively and proactively. You can work effectively with diverse groups of people, maintain effective working relationships, and leverage the strengths of others to achieve great outcomes. You are self-directed and can deal with multiple stakeholders and competing priorities. You have exceptional organizational, communication, interpersonal and customer service skills. You can critically think, problem-solve, and apply your skills with an independent work initiative. You will also take on the shared responsibility for ensuring that health and safety policies are followed to provide for a healthy environment for patients, staff, physicians, volunteers, and families.
On a practical level, you will:
• Implement and report on a five-year Patient- and Family-Centred Care strategic framework.
• Support strategic initiatives that promote the evolution of PFCC from an engagement model to an innovation focused model that partners with patients to improve services and experience.
• Develop a Patient- and Family-Centred Care scorecard to measure performance and outcomes achieved through the implementation of the new PFCC Strategic Plan.
• Profile the accomplishments of the organization via abstract writing, article documentation, and conference attendance.
• Partner with hospital leaders in the integration of Patient and Family Advisors into operational activity both internally and externally including participation in learning collaboratives.
• Identify opportunities where there can be targeted Patient- and Family-Centred Care education to improve outcomes and satisfaction with patients care and the services that NYGH provides.
• Work closely with clinical staff build skills and further educate on Patient- and Family-Centred Care at the bedside.
• Work closely with the Patient and Family Advisory Group, ensuring that agenda, minutes, and support are offered to the Co-Chairs.
• Deliver and operationalizes the Cleveland Clinic’s Communicate with H.E.A.R.T.TM (Service Excellence Program) training and development program that is driven by the strategic performance needs of the organization.
• Establish measures, report on training effectiveness, and evaluate the return on investment for training programs.
• Lead, support, and develop Patient- and Family-Centred Care initiatives as identified. This includes the organization, planning and support for the Patricia Mackey Education Award and the Patient- and Family-Centred Care Education Day.
• Support the sustainability and spread of Patient- and Family-Centred Care implemented initiatives across the organization. Support pilot projects in spreading across the organization.
• Assist in policy review and project prioritization that promotes a Patient- and Family-Centred Care culture.
• Lead recruitment of PFAs and related onboarding process as necessary.
• Lead, develop and deliver on co-design initiatives as a critical enabler of patient and community driven innovation.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field required. Healthcare experience preferred
• Minimum 3 years of experience in the healthcare sector
• Experience working in a Patient- and Family-Centred Care environment required
• Experience with training and development, and development of instructional materials an asset, including story telling.
• Sound understanding of concepts of Patient- and Family-Centred Care
• Experienced in design methods including facilitation of workshops or engagements using design-based tools and processes.
• Demonstrate ability to liaise with both internal stakeholders including the inter-professional team and external stakeholders
• Facilitation to impart knowledge and skillset
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Experience with public speaking, presentations, and group facilitation strongly preferred.
• Bilingualism in French/English an asset
What We Offer Working at NYGH means working with a dynamic team of fellow healthcare providers, staff, and volunteers in one of Canada’s leading hospitals. This is a Full Time Regular position, 75 hours bi-weekly, with required day shifts in the Patient Experience and Quality department. We offer a highly competitive total compensation package that includes benefits, pension, and vacation. If you were searching for more reasons to consider joining the wonderful team at NYGH, check out some features of our Total Rewards package by visiting nygh.on.ca
FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY: As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Occupational Health and Safety department.
How to Apply
Think you’re the right person for the job? Here’s your first chance to show us why:
• Ensure to meet the deadline – only applications received by the closing date will be considered.
• We will review all applications and will contact those selected for an interview.
Please refer to the Job Opportunities page on eric for more detailed application instructions.
At North York General, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live, including
those with disabilities. North York General is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.