Website YEE HONG CENTRE FOR GERIATRIC CARE
Yee Hong Centre for Geriatric Care (“Yee Hong”) is a non-profit organization committed to providing a culturally appropriate caring community where seniors and others enjoy the highest quality of life to fullest, in the most independent and dignified way. As a recognized leader in providing culturally appropriate quality seniors’ care and education, we understand our employees are our greatest resource in delivering excellent care and service, and we are committed to providing a rewarding work environment for them to thrive.
We have immediate openings within our four long term care homes located in Mississauga, Markham and Scarborough for the following job:
Personal Support Worker (Full Time and Part Time Temporary)
Provides personal care to assist clients in their daily activities and personal hygiene and supports their physical, social and emotional needs, in accordance with the organization’s resident centred approach, relevant government standards, residents’ rights and the organizations mission and philosophy.
– Graduate of an approved Personal Support Worker course in Ontario, or equivalent (e.g., foreign trained nurse who is enrolled in a program, who has the skills and knowledge to perform the duties of a personal support worker).
– Experience in long term care setting an asset
– Current CPR Certificate (i.e., completed within one year period)
– Good interpersonal and communication skills. Knowledge of Chinese an asset.
– Considerable standing, walking, lifting and bending
– Exposure to all resident care elements through regular resident contact
Please note during the period of Declared Pandemic:
Employees must be available to work day, evening and night shift, including weekends and short shifts to ensure operational needs are met Employees must be committed to work only at Yee Hong Centre as their only health care employer.
Closing date: Ongoing
Please submit resume quoting Job Reference # 20/GEN/CARE in the subject heading and location preference to:
Yee Hong Centre For Geriatric Care – Human Resources
Fax: (416) 321-9894
Note: Yee Hong is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the bonafide requirements for the open position. If contacted for this employment opportunity, please advise if you require any accommodation. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.