Website North York General Hospital
Job Title Physiotherapist – Inpatient Surgery
Job Details Union: Non-Union Department: Surgery >> Surgical IP >> – Physio-Surgery IP Reports To: CTM Job Category: Healthcare Professional
FTE: 0.0 Shifts: Day,Weekends Shift Duration: 8’s Status: Casual Number of Positions: 1 Site: General Site, 4001 Leslie Street Salary: $36.91 – $44.47 /Hour
Post Date: 12/10/2021 Closing Date: 19/10/2021
Position Summary Physiotherapist, Inpatient Surgery: Your goal in this position is the assessment of the physical function of your patients, and the subsequent treatment, rehabilitation and prevention of physical dysfunction, injury or pain, and to develop, maintain, rehabilitate or augment function to relieve pain. You have the ability to recognize problems and take appropriate action. You are computer proficient, have superior communication and interpersonal skills, effortlessly connecting with physicians, staff, patients, and families, and display a high degree of professionalism, with the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively, in small groups and in a team environment. You demonstrate strong leadership, organizational and problem-solving skills and the ability to work under pressure and maintain high level of productivity and competence. You are self-directed and flexible to adapt to the demands of a constantly changing patient case load, and are able to prioritize and meet additional responsibilities as required. You are able to self-evaluate in order to maintain clinical competency and determine needs for professional development. You will provide excellent patient and family-driven care in a supportive and culturally sensitive manner. This position supports the Hospital’s academic mandate by advancing care through teaching and learning and/or transforming care through research and innovation. This position contributes to the shared responsibility of ensuring health and safety policies are followed to provide for a healthy environment for staff, physicians, volunteers , learners, patients and families.
On a practical level, you will:
• Deliver patient care following current accepted standards of practice and principles of physiotherapy in the assessment, treatment and education of patients, and liaises with other members of the health care team members in a collaborative and consultative role
• Assess and analyze clinical findings in order to develop treatment plans appropriate for a patient’s conditions, and to change and terminate treatment when necessary
• Safely implement commonly accepted physiotherapy techniques relevant to a patient’s condition utilizing evidence-based practices
• Maintain current documentation on patient health records and communicate with the healthcare team members, as required
• Provide educational programs for hospital staff and groups in the community. Supervise physiotherapy support personnel such as the Rehabilitation Assistant, physiotherapy students and interns
• Engage in ongoing professional development such as in-service education, post-graduate education and literature review
• Engage in patient and family education as appropriate
• Administer statistics of productivity, ensuring patient and staff safety, track involvement in program development and implementation, quality improvement initiatives and quality assurance activities
• Use evidence-based/best practice guidelines in developing appropriate physiotherapy care plans as well as in developing policies and procedures aligned with the organization’s strategic direction
• Supports the hospital’s mandate by advancing care through teaching and learning and/or transforming care through research and innovation.
• Bachelor of Science Physiotherapy from a recognized educational institution, Masters preferred
• 1 year related experience
• Registration, in good standing, with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario
• Membership with the Canadian Physiotherapy Association encouraged
• Rostered for administrating a substance by inhalation and tracheal suctioning with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario
• Bilingualism in French/English an asset
What We Offer Working at NYGH means working with a dynamic team of fellow healthcare providers, staff, and volunteers in one of Canada’s leading hospitals. This is a Part Time Casual position, 8 hour shifts, Days, including weekends in the Inpatient Surgery Unit. We offer a highly competitive total compensation package which includes pay in lieu of benefits, vacation pay and the opportunity to join the Hospital Pension Plan.
FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY: As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Occupational Health and Safety department.
How to Apply
Think you’re the right person for the job? Here’s your first chance to show us why:
• Ensure to meet the deadline – only applications received by the closing date will be considered.
• We will review all applications and will contact those selected for an interview.
Please refer to the Job Opportunities page on eric for more detailed application instructions.
At North York General, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live, including those with disabilities. North York General is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.