Website North York General Hospital
Job Title Registered Nurse (RN) – Labour and Delivery
Job Details Union: ONA Department: Maternal, Newborn and Paediatric Program >> L & D >>Labour & Delivery Reports To: CTM Job Category: Nursing
FTE: 0.5 Shifts: Day, Nights, Weekends Shift Duration: 8’s,12’s Status: Part-Time Permanent Number of Positions: 1 Site: General Site, 4001 Leslie Street Salary: $34.24 – $44.91 /Hour
Post Date: 07/02/2023 Closing Date: No end date
Registered Nurse, Labour and Delivery: Your goal in this position is to provide excellent patient and family driven care, in a supportive and culturally sensitive manner. You will do this by collaborating with an interdisciplinary team of care providers, with an emphasis on the assessment, education, prevention, maintenance, and restoration of patient health. You’re a great relationship builder, and foster close contacts with peers across the entire organization. You have great interpersonal skills, and effortlessly connect with physicians, staff, patients, and families. You also have excellent assessment skills with clinical knowledge of care of the geriatric population. You have effective organizational, problem-solving, prioritization, time management and teaching skills. This position supports the Hospital’s academic mandate by advancing care through teaching and learning and/or transforming care through research and innovation. This position contributes to the shared responsibility of ensuring health and safety policies are followed to provide for a healthy environment for staff, physicians, volunteers, learners, patients and families.
Great Registered Nurses are:
• Organized – they embrace the challenge of prioritizing patient care demands in a fast paced environment, and are eager to engage with new challenges every single day
• Great Communicators – they communicate effectively with colleagues, staff, volunteers and families
• Decisive – at the end of the day, they have the ability to make the big decisions, to take ownership of their actions, and use their critical thinking and problem solving skills in the best interests of the patient
• Safety Conscious – they know that keeping everyone safe and healthy is the highest priority, and follow all H&S policies and guidelines
• Committed – they embrace our learning culture and demonstrate ongoing commitment to professional development to enhance their knowledge and skills
On a practical level, you will:
• Demonstrate the ability to function to the full scope of nursing practice per the College of Nurse of Ontario
• Demonstrate clinical competence in surgical nursing skills
• Communicate effectively (written and verbal) with patients/clients, families and other members of the health care team
• Think critically, set priorities and organize work in response to client/patient needs
• Demonstrate knowledge of transfers and lifts
• Be committed to ongoing learning, professional development, and continuous quality improvement
• Have proficient skill level with computers, MS Word, Internet searches, data entry and patient information systems
• Assume a leadership/charge role with demonstrated evidence of self- motivation regarding continuing education in areas of patient assessment, patient education and related Clinical Specialties
• Have effective organizational, problem-solving, prioritization, time-management and teaching skills
• Have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to foster good public relations and working relationships in a family centered care environment
• Demonstrate your ability to perform appropriately in emergency situations.
• Diploma in Nursing, Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing
• Registered and in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
• Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification
• Neonatal Resuscitation Provider (NRP) certification
• Recent breast feeding course
• Fetal Health Surveillance certification, preferred
• Perinatal Certificate, preferred
• 2 – 3 years Labour & Delivery experience, preferred
• Operating Room experience, preferred
• Bilingualism in French/ English an asset
What We Offer Working at NYGH means working with a dynamic team of fellow healthcare providers, staff, and volunteers in one of Canada’s leading hospitals. This is a Part-Time Regular position with 8 and 12 hour shifts, Days and Nights, including weekends in the Labour & Delivery department. We offer a highly competitive total compensation package which includes pay in lieu of benefits, vacation pay and the opportunity to join the Hospital Pension Plan.
FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY: As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Occupational Health and Safety department.
How to Apply
Think you’re the right person for the job? Here’s your first chance to show us why:
• Ensure to meet the deadline – only applications received by the closing date will be considered.
• We will review all applications and will contact those selected for an interview.
Please refer to the Job Opportunities page on eric for more detailed application instructions.
At North York General, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live, including those with disabilities. North York General is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.