Website Scarborough Health Network
Registered Practical Nurse – CCPN
Job Title: Registered Practical Nurse – Community Commitment Program for Nurses (CCPN)
Department: Nursing Resource Team.
Job Category: Nursing
Location: General, Centenary, Birchmount
Job Type: Full Time Permanent & Full Time Temporary – Contract Duration: 12 months for Temporary Contracts
Number of Positions: Multiple
Hours: Days, Nights 11.25 hour shifts; includes weekends, and holidays
Across our three hospitals and eight satellite sites, Scarborough Health Network (SHN) is shaping the future of care. Our many programs and services are designed around the needs of one of Canada’s most vibrant and diverse communities. We are home to North America’s largest nephrology program, as well as the designated cardiac care and spine centre for Scarborough and surrounding communities to the east. We are proud to be a community affiliated teaching site for the University of Toronto and partner with a number of other universities and colleges, helping to train the next generation of health care professionals. Learn more at shn.ca
Description: Registered Practical Nurse – Nursing Resource Team – medical/surgical
Position Overview: This position is under the Community Program for Nurses (CCPN), and is a temporary initiative that offers registered Nurses (RPNs) who have a certificate of registration in good standing from the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO) and have not worked as an RPN or RN in Ontario in the last 6-months, a $10, 000 incentive in exchange for a 12-month commitment to work at a hospital in a high-need area of Ontario.
Reporting to the Manager of the area, , the Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) is accountable for providing assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care within a total patient care delivery model in accordance with the College of Nurses of Ontario, standards of practice and the Regulated Health Professionals Act. The RPN practices independently within their scope of practice when the patient(s) condition indicates predictable outcome.
The RPN will strive to engage in ethical conduct and to understand and appreciate the diversity of our patient population and workforce. As well, have the opportunity to work in a variety of programs across the organization
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario • Current BCLS
- Diploma in Nursing
- Successful completion of Coronary Care 1 or willingness to obtain within 6 months of hire
- Post graduate Perioperative Course from a recognized institute or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years current Perioperative experience including Paediatric or Acute Care Medicine/Surgical Nursing on an in-patient unit
- Perioperative certification –CPN ( c ) – preferred to work in the Operating Room
- Knowledge of ORNAC standards of practice to work in the Operating Room
- Willingness to work with a mixed aggregation of patients
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal
- Demonstrates excellent problem-solving, decision making and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrates initiative and the ability to function both independently and as an inter- professional team member in a fast paced demanding environment • Demonstrates excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Flexible and adaptable regarding assignment locations
- Proven strong patient assessment and observation skills with the ability to exercise sound judgment
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrates a commitment to customer service when dealing with patients, colleagues and volunteers and other members of the community and public
- Demonstrates values consistent with SHN’s Code of Conduct and is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with Health & Safety policy and legislation.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to SHN’s comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff safety, patient safety, and environmental safety and participates in regular in-service education in this area.
- Demonstrates excellent work performance and attendance record
- To be considered for this position we request all interested applicants to complete the expression of interest form with Health Force Ontario on the link provided below :
- Ability to speak another language
- RPNAO membership
Scarborough Health Network (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please apply to this opportunity by visiting :