Website North York General Hospital
Resident Assistant (Personal Support Worker)
Department: Seniors Health Centre >> Nursing & Personal >> – SHC-Nrsg & Personal Care
Reports To: Director of Care
Job Category: Nursing
Shifts: Evening, Weekends
Shift Duration: 8’s
Status: Full-Time Temporary
Contract Duration: 6 months
Number of Positions: 1
Site: Seniors Health Centre, 2 Buchan Court
Salary: $25.98 – $29.59 /Hour
Post Date: 09/02/2024
Closing Date: 08/03/2024
Resident Assistant, Nursing and Personal Care Services, Seniors’ Health Centre:
Your goal in this position is to assist nursing personnel in providing personal care to residents and perform such procedures and treatments for which you have received special instructions. You will also perform other duties associated with the activities of daily living of the residents. This position supports the Hospital’s academic mandate by advancing care through teaching and learning and/or transforming care through research and innovation. This position contributes to the shared responsibility of ensuring health and safety policies are followed to provide for a healthy environment for staff, physicians, volunteers, learners, patients and families.
On a practical level, you will:
• Perform all duties in accordance with legislation, the Mission Statement, Organizational Philosophy and Administrative policies and procedures of the Seniors’ Health Centre
• Work under the supervision of a Registered Nurse and/or Registered Practical Nurse in providing personal care to the residents
• Communicate effectively with elderly people and colleagues
• Cooperate as a member of a health care team
• Have an interest in, and the ability to work with the elderly
• Completed Personal Support Worker (PSW) certificate from a College of Applied Arts and Technology
• Long term care experience, preferred
• Skilled in Point of Care (POC), preferred
• Bilingualism in French/English an asset
What We Offer
Working at NYGH means working with a dynamic team of fellow healthcare providers, staff, and volunteers in one of Canada’s leading hospitals. This is a Full Time Temporary position (6 months), 8hours shifts, evenings shifts, including weekends, in the Nursing and Personal Care Services, Seniors’ Health Centre. We offer a highly competitive total compensation package which may include benefits, pension, vacation pay, or pay in lieu of benefits, when applicable. If you were searching for more reasons to consider joining the wonderful team at NYGH, check out some features of our Total Rewards package by visiting nygh.on.ca
FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY: As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Occupational Health and Safety department.
How to Apply
Think you’re the right person for the job? Here’s your first chance to show us why:
• Ensure to meet the deadline – only applications received by the closing date will be considered.
• We will review all applications and will contact those selected for an interview.
Please refer to the Job Opportunities page on eric for more detailed application instructions.
At North York General, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live, including those with disabilities. North York General is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.