Website VON Canada
We help people live in their homes and communities by delivering the caring support that they and their families need.
Position at VON Canada
Employment Status: Regular, Full Time (1.0 FTE)
Program Name: Practice, Quality, and Risk
Number of Hours Bi-Weekly: 75
Work Schedule: Days
The Senior Manager, Program Development is responsible for National program design/development (innovative services, practices, and initiatives) through the Strategic Growth and Partnership office. Building upon VON innovations, experience in service models, collaborative and integrated practices, and technology the Senior Manager designs the new program framework for the provision of a fully integrated continuum of care. The Senior Manager supervises the program practice consultant in the design of the program. The Senior Manager engages stakeholders in the expansion planning and growth of VON models of care that improve patient care processes, achieve superior health outcomes, and generate system and organizational cost efficiencies. At VON, we nurture leadership skills, lifelong learning, and collaborative working relationships amongst our teams. We offer Leadership Development designed to help our managers succeed in their careers.
- Leads the development of transformational program: designing the program, developing the program service delivery models (framework/roles/competencies), identifying program practice standards and developing the required educational content (for orientation) to support the program.
- Identifies, develops and implements the program evaluation measurement/methodology and program quality monitoring methods/tools to enable continuous improvement in program delivery.
- Identifies the stakeholders to be involved in consultations for program design, implementation and program evaluation.
- Leads the program development team (internal program practice consultants, practice education development consultant, external subject matter experts) to identify and document practice standards, and competencies for program roles.
- Supervises the work of the practice consultant for the design of the program.
- Interfaces with cross functional teams including practice, risk, privacy and information technology teams/resources to identify/manage emerging issues influencing program design, implementation, and evaluation.
- Identifies the standards, policies and procedures required to support the program. Identifies gaps and develops the required policies, procedures to support the program.
- Develops the staffing model to ensure appropriate assignment of roles (including identifying the discipline, regulated or unregulated service provider roles) for optimal health outcomes.
- Participates in the project planning process to identify the required actions for the design, implementation and transition phases of the program enabling the effective, efficient implementation of a new program.
- Monitors the implementation process to ensure that the program design, procedures and policies meet expected goals and outcomes of the program.
- Leads the transition phase of the program to daily operations.
- Participates in the development of a Request for Proposal submission. Acts as a subject matter expert in responding to program related content.
Common Leadership Responsibilities:
- Promotes the strategy of VON and their role as an integrated community care provider to all stakeholders and staff.
- Prioritizes and ensures alignment of emerging opportunities in the community with VON strategic plan.
- Provides leadership in navigating the requirements and complexities of unionized and non-unionized environments.
- Coaches, advises, motivates, and provides leadership to staff; creates a positive workplace for staff.
- Promotes the Lean team management approach to ensure a common paradigm of management and discipline of management practices.
- Ensures there are mechanisms for all staff to come together to hear of organizational news and to provide feedback on what is working and what is not working.
- Ensures all Districts have a plan to complete performance development and learning plans with all staff.
- Promotes common approaches to orientation, learning, motivating, recognizing and supporting staff when achieving organizational goals; such as meeting or exceeding KPIs, meeting or exceeding milestones.
- Provides leadership and commitment to building client and family engagement and following accreditation Canada Standards.
- Provides leadership in the promotion of a safe and healthy workplace ensuring workplace conduct and activities are in accordance with the provincial Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations, that KPIs related to safety are regularly reviewed by management, that appropriate investigations occur when needed, and plans to address issues are created and acted upon.
- Promotes the use of technology-based systems for the capture, transformation and distribution of knowledge.
- Abides by all confidentiality and protection of personal information policies, regulations and practices and ensures appropriate safeguards are in place in the Region.
External and Internal Relationships:
- Works with subject matter experts in identifying/documenting practice standards, and competencies for program roles.
- Leads the program development team (internal resources) to achieve the program development activities.
- Leverages external partnerships and relationships with subject matter experts in identifying and establishing program standards and in program evaluation/quality measurement.
- Participates in external meetings and acts as a key VON representative with funders and industry leaders as required.
Education, Designations and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a regulated health care discipline is required.
- Minimum of five years of experience leading health care programs.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in program development/design in the health care sector.
- Demonstrated experience in applying adult education principles including designing training materials, training delivery and implementing learner evaluation tools.
- Demonstrated ability to use and apply professional healthcare standards of practice to the design of a service delivery model and evaluate the effectiveness of the model in meeting standards of practice.
- Experience using metrics to establish goals and measure results.
- Strategic thinking skills that include partnership and collaboration with others.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Strong analytic skills in synthesizing literature including professional practice standards and policies.
- Experience in policy development (design, review and revision).
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent computer skills in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- High level of energy and motivational skills; as well as flexibility.
- A current and original satisfactory Criminal Records Check is required upon the start of your employment.
- A Vulnerable Sector Search and/or Child Abuse Registry Check may be required.
- Travel, and irregular work schedules as required.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Attention to detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Hand movements
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. If you are in need of accessibility support, please visit our website at http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility for further details.
In accordance with the Employer’s policy, Mandatory Vaccination: COVID-19, it is required that all VON Canada Nova Scotia Branch, VON Canada Ontario Branch and VON Canada (National) employees, contractors, volunteers and students be fully vaccinated (subject only to legitimate established exemptions of a medical nature or where there is a valid human rights exception).
To facilitate this policy, all VON Canada employees, students, contractors and volunteers will be required to provide written attestation confirming that they are fully vaccinated and reasonable proof of vaccination status, inclusive of any government-issued documentation.
Please use this link to apply for the job: https://jobs.jobvite.com/von/job/o8XTjfw1
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobvite.com.