Website North York General Hospital
Job Title Technical Support Assistant
Job Details Union: Non-Union Department: Information Technology >> Information Technology >>Information Technology-General Reports To: Manager, Information Services Job Category: Information Technology/Services
FTE: 0.0 Shifts: On an as needed basis Shift Duration: 8’s Status: Casual Number of Positions: 1 Site: General Site, 4001 Leslie Street Salary: $23.72 – $28.58 /Hour
Post Date: 12/10/2021 Closing Date: 19/10/2021
Position Summary Your goal in this position is to support Technician with Level I Technical Incidents and act as an IS ambassador for user departments. You will work under the direction of the Manager, Corporate Systems & Services, and in a close and collaborative relationship with the staff of user departments, promotes and facilitates the effective, efficient, secure and safe use of PCs, PC networks and Telecommunication devices. You have a comprehensive understanding of PC technology, including microcomputers, laser and label printers, multifunction printers, PDAs, other desktop peripherals, local area networks, software, and common telecommunication devices. You have good problem solving abilities, and good written and verbal communication skills. You have demonstrated interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain effective working relationships with others. You have great organizational skills, including project management and the maintenance of records. You have effective teaching skills and are proficient in installation, maintenance and support of hardware, software, systems and applications based on PC technology. This position supports the hospital’s academic mandate by advancing care through teaching and learning and/or transforming care through research and innovation. This position contributes to the shared responsibility of ensuring health and safety policies are followed to provide for a healthy environment for patients, staff, physicians, volunteers and families.
On a practical level, you will:
• Installation, configuration, relocation, maintenance and documentation of equipment and software packages, and of communication facilities
• Install and support Hospital approved desktop hardware and software and peripherals
• Discharge help desk tickets assigned in a timely, efficient and professional manner
• Consult, train and assist users and potential uses of Hospital computing devices in a professional manner
• Make recommendations to the Managers regarding use of PC and network technology, and advise the Managers in the planning of IS strategy in relation to end user computing environment
• Maintain and support the Hospital issued telecommunication devices including pagers, cell phones, Blackberries and other PDA devices
• Support Helpdesk phone support when assigned
• Provide front-end Helpdesk support in receiving end user calls, listen to voicemail and document in the Helpdesk ticketing system
• Work co-operatively with user staff to ensure that departmental systems are compatible with Hospital Information Systems
• Works safely in accordance with the Occupational Health & Safety Act
• College Diploma of Computer Science or equivalent
• At least 1 year experience in a health care setting developing, installing, maintaining and supporting multi-user systems based on PC and LAN technology and Microsoft Windows XP/7/10/Mobile Operating Systems and products
• A+ Certified is a plus
• ITIL Foundation Certified is a plus
What We Offer Working at NYGH means working with a dynamic team of fellow healthcare providers, staff, and volunteers in one of Canada’s leading hospitals. This is a Part Time Casual position with 8 hour day shifts, on an as required basis in the Information Services department. We offer a highly competitive total compensation package which includes pay in lieu of benefits, vacation pay and the opportunity to join the Hospital Pension Plan.
How to Apply
Think you’re the right person for the job? Here’s your first chance to show us why:
• Ensure to meet the deadline – only applications received by the closing date will be considered.
• We will review all applications and will contact those selected for an interview.
Please refer to the Job Opportunities page on eric for more detailed application instructions.
At North York General, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live, including those with disabilities. North York General is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.