Observational Job Shadowing placement (OJS)is a unique opportunity to be partnered with an expert nurse and OBSERVE firsthand, the nursing profession in Ontario, at one of our partner healthcare organizations.
• Increase understanding of the role and scope of practice of a RPN and RN in various healthcare settings
• Orientation to the Canadian Healthcare System, workplace culture and expectations
• Learn the importance of Interprofessional team and therapeutic communication
• Exposure to modern technology
• Networking opportunity
• Increase level of confidence
• Supports IENs IENCAP/ OSCE preparation and employment readiness
OJS covers 2- 3 shifts in a facility – NO HANDS ON CARE – OBSERVATION only placement.
Length of the mentorship is for 1 month (1-2 hour meeting per week for 4 weeks) via telephone and/ or other electronic means. The expert nurse (mentor) and IEN (mentee) will arrange the schedule that is mutually agreeable to both parties.
365 Bloor Street East, Suite 1901,
Toronto, ON M4W 3L4
© 2022 All rights reserved | Charitable No. 84420 5948 RR0001