OJS covers 2- 3 shifts in a facility – NO HANDS ON CARE – OBSERVATION only placement.
Length of the mentorship is for 1 month (1-2 hour meeting per week for 4 weeks) via telephone and/ or other electronic means. The expert nurse (mentor) and IEN (mentee) will arrange the schedule that is mutually agreeable to both parties.
Virtual Mentoring placement (VM) is a unique opportunity to meet an expert nurse and contact with the expert nurse will be made via Zoom or other electronic means and will provide IENs an opportunity to ask questions regarding various nursing topics and to learn about specific worksites and the role of nursing within those sites.
VM covers 3-4 online meetings within 1 month period
• Access Alliance Multicultural Health and Community Services
• Bayshore Health Care
• Cawthra Gardens Long Term Care Residence
• Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
• Kingston Health Sciences Centre
• London Health Sciences Centre
• Niagara Health System
• North York General Hospital
• Pioneer Elder Care Inc.
• Southlake Regional Health Centre
• St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton
• Sunnybrook Health Sciences
• The Hospital for Sick Children
• Trillium Health Partners
• Unity Health Toronto
• University Health Network
• Victorian Order of Nurses
• Women’s College Hospital
• Yeehong Centre for Geriatric Care
365 Bloor Street East, Suite 1901,
Toronto, ON M4W 3L4
© 2023 All rights reserved | Charitable No. 84420 5948 RR0001
The Supports, Training, and Access to Regulated-employment Services program (STARS) is funded by the Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development Ontario.