Nominations are now open until August 17, 2012 for the annual CARE Centre Joan Lesmond IEN of the Year Award. The award was established in 2011, CARE Centre’s 10th anniversary year, to honour the late Dr. Joan Lesmond, a nursing leader who championed access to the nursing profession, and to celebrate CARE Centre’s member nurses for their success in Canada.
To be eligible for the award, the Internationally Educated Nurse (IEN) who is being nominated has to:
- Be currently registered as a nurse in Ontario (RN or RPN)
- Be working in a nursing practice environment for at least one year
- Is a member of CARE Centre for IENs
Nominations can be submitted by any of the following groups:
- Nurse Manager and/or Administrator
- Team Leader
- Peers (nurses, health care discipline team members, physicians)
- Patients and families
The main criteria for consideration are:
- The IEN being nominated consistently demonstrates professionalism and an excellent quality of presence and caring that assists people in the holistic healing process, a fundamental value of nursing practice.
- The IEN consistently displays exemplary professional knowledge and practice.
- The IEN consistently promotes an atmosphere of team work.
For all media inquiries please contact:
Tina Novotny (email@example.com)
Marketing and Communications Coordinator
CARE Centre for Internationally Educated Nurses
45 Sheppard Ave East, Suite 512
Toronto, Ontario M2N 5W9
416-226-2800 ext 240
Ontario receives support for some skills training programs from the Government of Canada