Job Posting: Case Manager – Satellite Offices
Schedule: Part Time Position (22.5 hours/week)
Deadline: Friday February 24, 2012
The CARE Centre is a bridge training initiative designed to provide supports and services to internationally educated nurses (IENs) living in Ontario so that they can practice and excel in their profession in the shortest time possible. Funded primarily through the Provincial Ministry of Citizenship and Immigration, the CARE Centre is a multi-partner initiative which develops, co-ordinates, and delivers flexible, client-focused education and support services such as: job shadowing, exam preparation activities, counselling, orientation to nursing in Ontario and sector-specific language training.
We are looking for a seasoned professional who is able to work closely, flexibly and energetically with a small staff team which is dispersed in several locations across the province. The individual is expected to work in a principled and pragmatic way in working towards the achievement of the CARE Centre’s mission and goals. The position will reside primarily in Kingston where CARE expects to co-locate with a community partner agency. Travel will be required.
Reporting to the Regional Manager and working closely with the team, the case manager is responsible for providing direct client services to internationally educated nurses who join the CARE Centre. As an active member of the staff team key responsibilities include:
- Providing guidance, support, information/referral, and resources reflecting the mission and goals of CARE Centre to IEN’s to enable individuals to meet their professional goals
- Maintaining a client case load providing 1:1 supportive counselling to IENs as they work towards registration and employment
- Assisting clients as they prepare to write the nursing registration examinations and enter practice in a Canadian health care setting
- Advocating for clients
- Facilitating information sessions and workshops
- Conducting outreach initiatives and community presentations
- Contributing to the richness of team diversity by using your own area of expertise to support colleagues and members in both formal and informal ways
- Participating in case conference meetings and team meetings
- Maintaining comprehensive client records
- Developing relationships with a range of organizations including, but not limited to, settlement agencies, education institutions, and health care organizations to promote an awareness of CARE services.
- Representing CARE at various speaking and networking opportunities to promote services as time permits
- Developing, implementing and evaluating a comprehensive, community based outreach strategy to build alliances with organizations to promote CARE and CARE services to potential members.
- Degree in: Nursing, Social Work, Adult Education, or Career Counselling. Equivalent experience may be considered.
- Highly developed case management skills
- Keen understanding of the barriers faced by IENs in Ontario and a demonstrated capacity to develop and implement programs to effectively respond to these barriers
- Experience in, and understanding of, the Ontario health care system
- Cross cultural competency
- Demonstrated facilitation skills
- Strong counselling skills
- Excellent communication skills in English – written, verbal and presentation skills
- Program planning skills and experience
- Ability to work flexibly within a dynamic and highly evolving environment
- Demonstrated organizational, problem solving, interpersonal and team skills
- Demonstrated experience and commitment to maintaining client database
Salary: Commensurate with skills and experience
Please send a resume with cover letter by Friday February 24, 2012 explaining how your experience has prepared you for this position to: The CARE Centre for Internationally Educated Nurses, 45 Sheppard Avenue East, Suite 512, Toronto, ON M2N 5W9 Attention Hiring Committee or email firstname.lastname@example.org (please include Case Manager and your area of preference in the subject line).
We thank all applicants for applying. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The CARE Centre is committed to diversity in the workplace