Website VON Canada
We help people live in their homes and communities by delivering the caring support that they and their families need.
Position at VON Canada
Do you have passion for client safety?
Are you interested in making a difference in the lives of VON clients and families?
Employment Status: Regular, Full Time (1.0 FTE)
Program Name: Quality and Risk
Number of Hours Bi-Weekly: 75
Work Schedule: Days
On Call: No
The Quality and Risk Manager works in collaboration with the national practice, quality and risk team as well as site management and staff to support client safety, the risk management program with continuous quality improvement initiatives.
This role’s primary area of focus is to lead the organization in client safety improvement.
This role will be located in a VON office; in Ontario or Nova Scotia.
- Responds to site based risk events and risk consultations to support sites in incident investigation, analysis and quality improvement opportunities.
- Utilizes tools, including risk management software, to review and analyze data for trends and emerging issues as they relate to risks.
- Supports teams in data analytics and quality improvement using a variety of tools (root cause analysis, process mapping, data analysis, etc.).
- Collaborates with other corporate services to ensure a coordinated approach to quality and risk monitoring and analysis.
- Prepares quality and risk reports as required to various levels of the organization.
- Ensures that all VON standards and policies are followed and encourages staff/volunteers to be involved in quality and risk management initiatives.
External and Internal Relationships:
- Collaborates with interdisciplinary/cross corporate service quality improvement teams.
- Engages with home care related working groups involved in risk management, quality improvement.
Education, Designations and Experience:
- Post-secondary education in a healthcare discipline, nursing preferred.
- Member of a regulated health discipline (ex: College of Nurses, College of Physiotherapists)
- Minimum of 5 years of health care experience, preferably several years in the community health sector.
- Patient Safety/Risk Management certification preferred
- Working knowledge of provincial privacy legislation.
- Experience with Procura software is an asset.
- Experience with improvement methodologies such as Lean and data analysis including root cause analysis and process mapping.
- Familiar with Home and Community Care Support Services (HCCSS) contract standards
- Strong interpersonal skills are required to interact effectively with managers, staff and customers.
- Strong work ethic, professional and personal integrity.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to follow instructions and directions and respond accordingly within scope of responsibility.
- Ability to work well with others including the professional clinical team in a professional team oriented environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Travel is required within the region
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check is required.
- A Vulnerable Sector Search and/or Child Abuse Registry Check may be required.
- Ability to speak French is an asset
- The use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: fast-paced environment; attention to detail; lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; walk, sit, stand, and climb stairs; grip and fine hand movements.
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. If you are in need of accessibility support, please visit our website at http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility for further details.
In accordance with the Employer’s policy, Mandatory Vaccination: COVID-19, it is required that all VON Canada Nova Scotia Branch, VON Canada Ontario Branch and VON Canada (National) employees, contractors, volunteers and students be fully vaccinated (subject only to legitimate established exemptions of a medical nature or where there is a valid human rights exception).
To facilitate this policy, all VON Canada employees, students, contractors and volunteers will be required to provide written attestation confirming that they are fully vaccinated and reasonable proof of vaccination status, inclusive of any government-issued documentation.
Please use this link to apply for the job: VON Canada Careers – Quality and Risk Manager (RFT 1.0) (jobvite.com)
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobvite.com.