Cornwall Community Hospital
As part of the Cornwall Community Hospital, you will uphold the mission, vision and ICARE values in order to create a safe environment for patients/clients, families, staff, physicians and volunteers, recognizing “Patient Safety” and our hospital’s “Senior Friendly Strategies” as a top priority in creating a culture of safety and “The Workplace of Choice”.
Registered Nurse opportunities for Internationally Educated Nurses
Location: Cornwall, Ontario
Job Type: Various- Permanent Full-Time, and Permanent Part-Time
Located along the beautiful and historic St. Lawrence River, Cornwall, Ontario is a short one hour drive from Ottawa or Montreal. Our growing community is beautiful, safe, and friendly. You’ll find everything you need to enjoy an exceptional quality of life. Ours is a full-service city with a small-town feel, where everything is just minutes away from your front door! Cornwall is also among the most affordable cities to live in, especially when it comes to housing.
About Cornwall Community Hospital:
You’ll want to work with Cornwall Community Hospital because…We’ve been caring for our community for over 100 years and we’re proud of our history!
Cornwall Community Hospital was incorporated in 2004 with the amalgamation of the Cornwall General Hospital and the acute care services of the Hotel Dieu Hospital, both with over 100 years of health care service to Cornwall and surrounding area. With the completion of a major redevelopment project in 2014, and the construction of the Addiction and Mental Health Centre at the end of 2016, the hospital consolidated all acute care and community-based services on
their McConnell Avenue site. Having everything on one campus positions the hospital well to serve its community for many years to come. As part of the Cornwall Community Hospital, you will uphold the mission, vision and ICARE values in order to create a safe environment for patients/clients, families, staff, physicians and volunteers, recognizing “Patient Safety” and our hospital’s “Senior Friendly Strategies” as a top priority in creating a culture of safety and “The Workplace of Choice”. We offer competitive pay, work-life balance, and employee support programs.
Summary of responsibilities
The Cornwall Community is accepting applications from Internationally Educated Registered Nurses to fill future openings in one of the following units:
• Inpatient Mental Health.
Requirements of the job
• Undergraduate degree (4 year) or community college diploma in nursing from a recognized institution
• Certificate of registration from the College of Nurses of Ontario or Eligible for Certificate of registration from the College of Nurses of Ontario;
• Valid Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
• Demonstrated regular, punctual attendance
• Demonstrated commitment to patient safety
• Valid Authorization to work in Canada.
• Clinical competencies as related to the patient population served on the unit/program of employment
• Language: English, French is an asset.
Key skills or competencies
• Superior interpersonal organizational and communication skills
• Ability to work within an interdisciplinary team.
• Leadership and decision-making skills
• Ability to work under pressure and to adapt to change
• Excellent patient assessment, critical thinking, communication (oral and written), and problem-solving skills
• Ability to develop, implement, evaluate and adapt a therapeutic nursing plan (Care plan)
• Completes established curricula as required at the unit level.
Rate of Pay:
$33.90-$48.53 per hour.
Please email: email@example.com