Website VHA Home Health Care
Creating opportunities for more independence; it’s what people in the community rely on us for and what VHA Home HealthCare (VHA) a not-for-profit charity—has provided since 1925. With over 3,000 staff and service providers VHA offers home and community services that support Ontarians’ independence including: homemaking, nursing, personal support and rehabilitation services. Our caring, professional team offers spectacular care to Ontario seniors, families, adults and children living with disabilities or suffering from a chronic or terminal illness, helping them live life more independently, in comfort and with dignity.
We are currently seeking:
RNs and RPNs – Kew Beach Program—500 Kingston Rd Toronto, ON M4L 1V3
Full-time, shift contract until March, 2022, possible extension; $5/hour premium
Hours preferred: Commitment to 40hrs/week, 8 hours shifts per day, with alternating weekends (Saturday and Sunday)
Nurses will work in a 72 bed congregate care setting supporting cognitively impaired and/or mental health clients.
- Current certificate of competency (licensure) from the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Nursing diploma or degree from a recognized college or university
- Minimum 2 years experience
- Membership in your Professional Association preferred (RNAO)
- Current registration with the CNO and First Aid/CPR
- Good communication and documentation skills
- Knowledge of the community
- Ability to integrate and apply critical thinking skills to client care
- Physically able to provide safe and timely client care
- Use of proper body mechanics and successful completion of the Physical Readiness Test to ensure safe work practices are followed, including mobility, transfers, bending, lifting, pushing and pulling
- Proven ability to care for multiple clients in a fast, team based environment
- Knowledge and experience in supporting geriatric clients
Why Work at VHA?
- VHA has over 90 years of experience providing high quality care you can be proud of
- A stimulating, client and family focused work environment
- A variety of full-time and part time positions
- We invest in our staff, offering continuous opportunities for learning
- Competitive compensation and paid orientation
- Eligible staff are entitled to a comprehensive benefits package
- Pension is available to eligible staff
- A confidential, free Employee Assistance Program is available to all staff and service providers
- We foster a supportive, and respectful team environment
To Apply: If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your letter of interest with your resume to
VHA Home HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. VHA is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment. If you require an accommodation, let us know in advance.