Website VHA Home HealthCare
Creating opportunities for more independence; it’s what people in the community rely on us for and what VHA Home HealthCare (VHA) a not-for-profit charity—has provided since 1925. With over 3000 staff and service providers VHA offers home and community services that support Ontarians’ independence including: homemaking, nursing, personal support and rehabilitation services. Our caring, professional team offers spectacular care to Ontario seniors, families, adults and children living with disabilities or suffering from a chronic or terminal illness, helping them live life more independently, in comfort and with dignity.
Get more out of your nursing career with:
Real results in the real world. You’ll foster one-on-one relationships with clients to help them achieve more independence over their care and life.
An organizational culture that drives more outstanding home care through preceptor training, mentorship programs, 24/7 on-call nursing support, competitive wages and monthly team meeting to connect with colleagues.
A job that inspires you to uncover more talent and innovation. You’ll be backed by a supportive leadership team that not only encourages you to creatively problem-solve but empowers you to deliver spectacular care.
If you’re looking for more in a career, flexible hours, growth opportunities, competitive benefits and compensation and meaningful relationships with clients and staff, then you belong at VHA!
We are currently seeking: Registered Nurses (RNs) and Registered Practical Nurses (RPN) for full-time/part-time positions in Scarborough, Toronto and North York regions for the Child and Family Program (Days, Evening and Overnight Shifts)
- Current certificate of competency (licensure) from the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Nursing diploma or degree from a recognized college or university
- Current BCLS certificate (RN)
- Membership with RNAO/ RPNAO is an asset
- Knowledge of the community
- Pediatrics experience and/or having worked with children in other settings is an asset
- Ability to integrate and apply critical thinking skills to client care
- Physically able to provide safe and timely client care
- Use of proper body mechanics and successful completion of the Physical Readiness Test to ensure safe work practices are followed, including mobility, transfers, bending, lifting, pushing and pulling
- Able to recognize safety issues, follow safe work practices, advocate for client care and safety concerns
- Ability to practice nursing in accordance with client/family-centered care principles in establishing authentic/empathetic professional relationships with clients and families, understanding and documenting client/family preferences and goals, advocating for clients/families
- Ability to collaborate with other members of the health care team to access required services and to ensure smooth transitions
- Demonstrated ability to use knowledge-transfer techniques to support practice delegation.
- Demonstrated commitment to modelling lifelong learning and professional growth
- Valid driver’s license and access to a car is preferred
- Ability to speak a second language is an asset
To Apply: if you are interested in this opportunity, please send your letter of interest with your resume to https://www.vha.ca/careers
VHA Home HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. VHA is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment. If you require an accommodation, let us know in advance. Accredited with Exemplary Status by Accreditation Canada. An RNAO Best Practice Spotlight Organization designate and; A founding member agency of United Way Toronto.