Website North York General Hospital
Job Title Clinical Nurse Educator
Job Details Union: Non-Union Department: Professional Practice >> Nursing Administration >> – Professional Nursing Practice Reports To: Director Job Category: Nursing
FTE: 1.0 Shifts: Day Shift Duration: 8’s Status: Full-Time Temporary Contract Duration: 8 months Number of Positions: 1 Site: General Site, 4001 Leslie Street Salary: $44.51 – $53.62 /Hour
Post Date: 10/07/2021 Closing Date: 10/19/2021
Position Summary Clinical Nurse Educator, Cardiology and Nursing Resource Team The Clinical Nurse Educator is accountable for fostering the development of clinical excellence and facilitating the provision of outstanding patient and family experiences on the Cardiology unit and corporately as appropriate and supporting the Nursing Resource Team. The Clinical Nurse Educator, in collaboration with the Clinical Team Manager, is responsible for enabling the development of a high-performance team, ensuring the delivery of quality and safe care for patients and families. The Clinical Nurse Educator is instrumental in creating a professional and healthy work environment for staff, physicians, and volunteers through leadership, advocacy for best-practices and research, policy development, and coaching. The Clinical Nurse Educator participates in appropriate internal and external committees, project teams, and other related activities that support the implementation of leading practices for the child and teen population. The Clinical Nurse Educator also collaborates with other Clinical Nurse Educators and interprofessional team members to promote patient-and family-centred, quality, and safe care. This position supports the hospital’s academic mandate by advancing care through teaching and learning and/or transforming care through research and innovation. This position contributes to the shared responsibility of ensuring health and safety policies are followed to provide for a healthy environment for patients, staff, physicians, volunteers and families.
On a practical level, you will:
• In partnership with clinical leadership, plan, develop, implement and evaluate programs to meet the educational needs of nursing staff, as well as other members of the clinical team.
• In partnership with the Director of Professional Practice, Director of Medicine, Director of Cancer Care and Ambulatory Services Programs and Clinical Team Managers develop and provide educational opportunities for nursing staff to maintain competency and to expand knowledge base
• Critically appraise the research literature and implement evidence-based practices
• Facilitate nursing staff to continually monitor and define skill sets requirements, interpret scope of practice, legislative and credentialing requirements
• Develop, conduct and evaluate innovative programs for specific patient populations
• Foster an environment that promotes patient/family centered care and interprofessional collaboration
• Fosters an environment that encourages and supports scholarship
• B.Sc.N. required, Masters degree in a related field (or degree in progress)
• Current registration & good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
• Current or recent experience as an educator preferred
• Minimum of five years acute care medical/surgical nursing experience
• Experience in telemetry, emergency, and/or critical care, an asset
What We Offer Working at NYGH means working with a dynamic team of fellow healthcare providers, staff, and volunteers in one of Canada’s leading hospitals. This is an Interim Temporary Full Time Temporary position, 8 hours shifts, day shifts, in the Cardiology and Nursing Resource Team. We offer a highly competitive total compensation package that includes benefits, pension, and vacation. If you were searching for more reasons to consider joining the wonderful team at NYGH, check out some features of our Total Rewards package by visiting nygh.on.ca
FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY: As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Occupational Health and Safety department.
How to Apply
Think you’re the right person for the job? Here’s your first chance to show us why:
• Ensure to meet the deadline – only applications received by the closing date will be considered.
• We will review all applications and will contact those selected for an interview.
Please refer to the Job Opportunities page on eric for more detailed application instructions.
At North York General, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live, including those with disabilities. North York General is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.