Website VHA Home HealthCare
Founded in 1925, VHA is a not-for-profit, charitable organization made up of over 3,000 diverse professionals – nurses, personal support workers, rehab therapists, home support workers, and more. Together we provide high quality care with great heart to vulnerable populations in the communities we serve. In every role and at every level, we lead with purpose, build bonds that matter, and we’re passionate about providing spectacular care.
We are currently seeking:
Full Time Registered Nurses (RNs) and Registered Practical Nurses (RPNs) for VHA’s Adult and Palliative Care Teams through the Community Commitment Program for Nurses (CCPN)
What is the CCPN?
To attract Registered Nurses (RNs), Registered Practical Nurses (RPNs) and Nurse Practitioners (NPs) to work in home and community care (HCC) agencies in Ontario, the Community Commitment Program for Nurses (CCPN) provides a $10,000 incentive to eligible nurses in exchange for a 12-month commitment to an eligible employer.
Durham West (e.g– Ajax, Pickering, Whitby)
Durham East (e.g– Oshawa, Clarington, Courtice)
Durham North (e.g– Scugog, Uxbridge, Brock)
To be eligible for the CCPN, nurses must:
• Not have been employed as a nurse in Ontario in the six months prior to being hired;
• Hold a Certificate of Registration in good standing from the College of Nurses of Ontario;
• Begin employment no later than November 15, 2021;
• Commit to 12-months of employment at a full-time work schedule offered by the employer; and
• Not simultaneously receive funds from the Ministry of Health for the Tuition Support Program for Nurses.
Key Skills, Experience and Behaviours Required for this Position:
• Current certificate of competency (licensure) from the College of Nurses of Ontario
• Flexibility to work in the Durham region
• Nursing diploma or degree from a recognized college or university
• Current BCLS certificate (RN)
• Membership with RNAO/RPNAO is an asset
• Valid driver’s license and access to a car is required
• Knowledge of the community
• Ability to integrate and apply critical thinking skills to client care
• Physically able to provide safe and timely client care
• Use of proper body mechanics and successful completion of the Physical Readiness Test to ensure safe work practices are followed, including mobility, transfers, bending, lifting, pushing and pulling
• Able to recognize safety issues, follow safe work practices, advocate for client care and safety concerns
• Ability to practice nursing in accordance with client/family-centered care principles in establishing authentic/empathetic professional relationships with clients and families, understanding and documenting client/family preferences and goals, advocating for clients/families
• Ability to collaborate with other members of the health care team to access required services and to ensure smooth transitions
• Demonstrated ability to use knowledge-transfer techniques to support practice delegation.
• Demonstrated commitment to modelling lifelong learning and professional growth
• Ability to speak a second language is an asset
To Apply: Visit www.vha.ca/careers
VHA Home HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
VHA is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment.
If you require an accommodation, let us know in advance.
Accredited with Exemplary Status by Accreditation Canada
An RNAO Best Practice Spotlight Organization designate and
A founding member agency of United Way Toronto
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.