Website North York General Hospital
Job Title Instrument Aide – Central Services Reprocessing
Job Details Union: SEIU-S Department: Surgery >> CSR/MDRD >> – Central Supply Reports To: Clinical Team Manager Job Category: Healthcare Professional
FTE: 0.4 Shifts: All shifts (SEIU only),On Call,Weekends Shift Duration: 4’s,8’s,12’s Status: Part-Time Temporary Contract Duration: 12 months Number of Positions: 1 Site: General Site, 4001 Leslie Street Salary: $23.19 – $26.85 /Hour
Post Date: 06/10/2021 Closing Date: 18/10/2021
Position Summary Instrument Aide, Central Services Reprocessing: Your goal in this position is to reprocess medical/surgical instrumentation, pick cases for Operating Room procedures and assemble inhalation equipment. This role includes assignments at both the Consumers road Site and General Sites. You have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. You are assertive and have the ability to prioritize workload. You are able to follow both written and verbal instructions. You demonstrate self-motivation and direction. This position supports the Hospital’s academic mandate by advancing care through teaching and learning and/or transforming care through research and innovation. This position contributes to the shared responsibility of ensuring health and safety policies are followed to provide for a healthy environment for staff, physicians, volunteers , learners, patients and families.
On a practical level, you will:
• Operate technical equipment (e.g., autoclaves, and cartwash) and supplies
• Transport instrumentation and supplies, and return all unused instruments and supplies to proper storage area
• Work safely in accordance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act
• Community College certificate in Sterile Supply Processing
• Endoscopy/Olympus certificate and experience an asset
• Minimum three years of CSR Instrument Aide experience or equivalent
• MDRD certification an asset
• Speak, read and write the English language fluently
• Bilingualism in French/ English an asset
What We Offer Working at NYGH means working with a dynamic team of fellow healthcare providers, staff, and volunteers in one of Canada’s leading hospitals. This is a Part Time Temporary position, with 4, 8, & 12 hour shifts, all shifts, day, evening, nights, including weekends and on-call in the Central Services Reprocessing department. We offer a highly competitive total compensation package which includes pay in lieu of benefits, vacation pay and the opportunity to join the Hospital Pension Plan.
FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY: As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Occupational Health and Safety department.
How to Apply
Think you’re the right person for the job? Here’s your first chance to show us why:
• Ensure to meet the deadline – only applications received by the closing date will be considered.
• We will review all applications and will contact those selected for an interview.
Please refer to the Job Opportunities page on eric for more detailed application instructions.
At North York General, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live, including those with disabilities. North York General is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.