Website North York General Hospital
Job Title Project Coordinator
Job Details Union: Non-Union Department: System Integration >> System Integration – North York Toronto Health Partners Reports To: Senior Lead Job Category: Management
FTE: 1.0 Shifts: Day Shift Duration: 8’s Status: Full-Time Temporary Contract Duration: 6 months Number of Positions: 1 Site: General Site, 4001 Leslie Street Salary: $33.41 – $40.25 /Hour
Post Date: October 6, 2021 Closing Date: October 18, 2021
Position Summary Project Coordinator, Strategy Your goal in this position is to work alongside the North York Toronto Health Partners (North York’s OHT) in shared purpose across our partnership to improve healthcare for North York and are looking for a project coordinator to support this change. You will be actively engaging in the implementation of various initiatives of the North York Toronto Health Partners (NYTHP). You will support this process and coordinate multiple initiatives in a timely and effective manner. You will be working to support NYTHP members from across the partnership, as well as actively working on initiatives and projects that support NYTHP in areas of health equity and working to improve the quality of care experienced across the care continuum in North York. You are working to re-design healthcare as that is the ongoing goal of Ontario Health Teams, you will have the ability to foster innovation and creativity in response to the changing situation and needs of both the initiatives you support, and the community we as a partnership are supporting. You will be a part of shaping tomorrow’s healthcare today, with these skills. This position supports the Hospital’s academic mandate by advancing care through teaching and learning and/or transforming care through research and innovation. This position contributes to the shared responsibility of ensuring health and safety policies are followed to provide for a healthy environment for patients, staff, physicians, volunteers and families.
On a practical level, you will:
• Coordinate and support multiple OHT projects through the various phases
• Coordinate and support the implementation of an equitable OHT community engagement approach
• Support the OHT Patient and Caregiver Health Council
• Support engagement meetings/events and cross organizational meetings where appropriate
• Facilitate and support the planning of select OHT working group meetings
• Support on-going OHT innovation initiatives
• Conduct background research to support OHT working group meetings, as required
• Co-facilitate select OHT working group meetings
• Prepare agendas, minutes and invitations for working groups and project touch-bases
• Assist in the development and delivery of OHT related education to build organizational capacity
• Participate on NYTHP on committees, as required
• Undergraduate degree in Health Administration, Business Administration or other health related field combined with a minimum of two (2) years of experience coordinating and supporting projects required
• Experience in healthcare and/or community support services preferred
• Strong organizational and time-management skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to communicate data extracted from various systems to various stakeholders
• Strong relationship management and community engagement skills
• Bilingualism in French/English an asset
What We Offer Working at NYGH means working with a dynamic team of fellow healthcare providers, staff, and volunteers in one of Canada’s leading hospitals. This is a Full Time Temporary position, 75 hours bi-weekly, day shifts, 8 hour shifts. We offer a highly competitive total compensation package which may include benefits, pension, vacation pay, or pay in lieu of benefits, when applicable. If you were searching for more reasons to consider joining the wonderful team at NYGH, check out some features of our Total Rewards package by visiting nygh.on.ca
FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY: As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Occupational Health and Safety
How to Apply
Think you’re the right person for the job? Here’s your first chance to show us why:
• Ensure to meet the deadline – only applications received by the closing date will be considered.
• We will review all applications and will contact those selected for an interview.
Please refer to the Job Opportunities page on eric for more detailed application instructions.
At North York General, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live, including those with disabilities. North York General is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.