At VHA Home HealthCare, we care about each other as much as our clients.
Founded in 1925, VHA is a not-for-profit, charitable organization made up of over 3,000 diverse professionals – nurses, personal support workers, rehab therapists, home support workers, and more. Together we provide high quality care with great heart to vulnerable populations in the communities we serve. In every role and at every level, we lead with purpose, build bonds that matter, and we’re passionate about providing spectacular care.
We are currently seeking:
Full-time Registered Nurses (RNs) and Registered Practical Nurses (RPNs) for VHA through the Community Commitment Program for Nurses (CCPN). $10,000 grant funding is available for participating nurses.
To be eligible for the CCPN, a nurse must:
- Not have been employed as a nurse in Ontario in the six months prior to being hired;
- Hold a Certificate of Registration in good standing from the College of Nurses of Ontario;
- Begin employment no later than November 15, 2021;
- Commit to 12-months of employment at a full-time work schedule offered by the employer; and
- Not simultaneously receive funds from the Ministry of Health for the Tuition Support Program for Nurses.
Key Skills, Experience and Behaviours Required for this Position:
- Current certificate of competency (licensure) from the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Nursing diploma or degree from a recognized college or university
- Current BCLS certificate (RN)
- Membership with RNAO/RPNAO is an asset
- Knowledge of the community
- Ability to integrate and apply critical thinking skills to client care
- Physically able to provide safe and timely client care
- Use of proper body mechanics and successful completion of the Physical Readiness Test to ensure safe work practices are followed, including mobility, transfers, bending, lifting, pushing and pulling
- Able to recognize safety issues, follow safe work practices, advocate for client care and safety concerns
- Ability to practice nursing in accordance with client/family-centered care principles in establishing authentic/empathetic professional relationships with clients and families, understanding and documenting client/family preferences and goals, advocating for clients/families
- Ability to collaborate with other members of the health care team to access required services and to ensure smooth transitions
- Demonstrated ability to use knowledge-transfer techniques to support practice delegation.
- Demonstrated commitment to modelling lifelong learning and professional growth
- Valid driver’s license and access to a car is preferred
- Ability to speak a second language is an asset
How to Apply
Our online application should take about 5 to 10 minutes to complete.
VHA Home HealthCare is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment. If you require any accommodation in the application process, please let us know in advance.
Thank you to everyone who applies. We will review applications as they are received. We’ll only be contacting those selected for further discussion