Website North York General Hospital
Job Title Registration Records Officer – Health Records Processing
Job Details Union: SEIU-C Department: Registration and Coding >> Records Processing – Hlth Records-Record Processing Reports To: Manager Health Records & Enterprise Data Quality Job Category: Administration/Clerical
FTE: 0.4 Shifts: All shifts (SEIU only) Shift Duration: 8’s Status: Part-Time Permanent Number of Positions: 1 Site: General Site, 4001 Leslie Street Salary: $21.08 – $24.41 /Hour
Post Date: 06/10/2021 Closing Date: 18/10/2021
Position Summary Records and Registration Officer, Health Records: Your goal in this position is to support quality patient care through the provision of efficient and effective processing of Health Records and participate in activities supporting completeness, accuracy and timely delivery of MOHLTC data submissions in the Health Records Department. You will assist with hospital and departmental data quality assurance and are able to meet all departmental benchmarks set for productivity and quality standards. You have advanced computer skills with proficient use of hospital EMR (Cerner), as well as, hospital scanning solution (OnBase) and transcription software (Nuance). You have customer service experience and are able to work independently and participate in the rotation of all clerical duties & shifts. You are experienced in interacting with multi-cultural and multi-lingual populations. You are able to manage the deficiency component of the chart management system and ensure the effective control, storage and destruction of records according to prescribed hospital policy & procedure. This position supports the hospital’s academic mandate by advancing care through teaching and learning and/or transforming care through research and innovation. This position contributes to the shared responsibility of ensuring health and safety policies are followed to provide for a healthy environment for patients, staff, physicians, volunteers and families.
On a practical level, you will:
• Perform chart retrieval, sort and process patient records according to department service level agreements
• Conduct in depth quantitative analysis for chart completion in accordance with legislated standards/policy.
• Perform ongoing quality audits on charts and processes
• Accurately retrieve and file patients’ health records on request for ongoing patient care, research, and audits, etc.
• Possess a thorough understanding and demonstrate a practical use of terminal digit filing.
• Scan, safeguard and ensure secure destruction of patient records as per legislation/policy (PHIPA, PHA).
• QA and publish scanned patient records to EMR within acceptable time limits and maintain performance benchmarks.
• Sort, distribute and mail copies of patient reports as assigned.
• Ability to prepare and/or retrieve patent records from microfilm media.
• Work safely in accordance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Minimum grade 12 diploma
• Graduate of or enrolled in an accredited Health Information Management program is required
• Certified Health Information Professional (active CHIMA membership) preferred.
• Minimum 1 year Health Records experience in an acute care facility or other records management experience is preferred.
• Knowledge of release of information procedures and pertinent privacy legislation preferred.
• Knowledge of terminal digit filing and chart retrieval is required.
• Minimum 40 w.p.m.
• Knowledge and understanding of medical terminology is preferred.
• Bilingualism in French/English an asset.
What We Offer Working at NYGH means working with a dynamic team of fellow healthcare providers, staff, and volunteers in one of Canada’s leading hospitals, This is Part Time regular position with 8 hour shifts, all shifts, including weekends in the Health Records Processing Department. We offer a highly competitive total compensation package which includes pay in lieu of benefits, vacation pay and the opportunity to join the Hospital Pension Plan.
FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY: As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Occupational Health and Safety department.
How to Apply
Think you’re the right person for the job? Here’s your first chance to show us why:
• Ensure to meet the deadline – only applications received by the closing date will be considered.
• We will review all applications and will contact those selected for an interview.
Please refer to the Job Opportunities page on eric for more detailed application instructions.
At North York General, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live, including those with disabilities. North York General is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.