Website North York General Hospital
Job Title Social Worker
Job Details Union: Non-Union Department: Cancer Care >> Oncology/Pall-Inpat >> – Social Work-Med/Onc. Reports To: Clinical Team Manager Job Category: Healthcare Professional
FTE: 1.0 Shifts: Day Shift Duration: 8’s Status: Full-Time Permanent Number of Positions: 1 Site: General Site, 4001 Leslie Street Salary: $40.58 – $48.90 /Hour
Post Date: 08/10/2021 Closing Date: 20/10/2021
Position Summary Social Worker, Cancer Care, Oncology-Palliative Unit As a Social Worker, you will be a fully integrated member of an interdependent multidisciplinary team. You will be responsible for assessments, counselling, resource and family supports, and discharge planning for patients in our inpatient oncology-palliative care unit and outpatient cancer clinics. You have the ability to work independently and as part of a team, and to prioritize high demand caseloads. You have demonstrated skills in program development, implementation, and evaluation and in keeping statistical records. You have the demonstrated ability to broker and coordinate community resources. You are committed to patient and family centred care, and possess excellent listening and communication skills, both verbal and written. This position supports the Hospital’s academic mandate by advancing care through teaching and learning and/or transforming care through research and innovation. This position contributes to the shared responsibility of ensuring health and safety policies are followed to provide for a healthy environment for staff, physicians, volunteers, learners, patients and families.
On a practical level, you will:
• Support and adhere to North York General Hospital and Social Work policies and procedures
• Perform all aspects of Social Work practice in accordance with professional Standards as set out by the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers
• Actively contribute to the academic mandate of the organization as a field instructor and resource or support for staff, students, and members of the academic and professional community
• Maintain an updated knowledge of community resources and identify gaps in services
• Work collaboratively with patients, families and colleagues to develop plans of care
• Have experience with ACP/goals of care conversations and identifying Substitute Decision Maker/POA
• Provide individual and family counselling and interventions using best practices and evidence-based modalities
• Participate in program planning, implementation and evaluation
• Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced environment
• Master of Social Work (MSW) or equivalent
• Current registration in good standing with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (OCSWSSW) for practice in all applicable clinical areas
• Minimum of 1-year experience as a staff Social Worker in Acute care
• Minimum of 1-year experience in palliative and cancer care, and knowledge of oncological diseases with multifaceted care plans preferred
• Bilingualism in French/English an asset
What We Offer Working at NYGH means working with a dynamic team of fellow healthcare providers, staff, and volunteers in one of Canada’s leading hospitals. This is a Full Time Permanent position, 8 hours shifts, days shifts, in the Cancer Care, Oncology-Palliative Unit. We offer a highly competitive total compensation package that includes benefits, pension, and vacation. If you were searching for more reasons to consider joining the wonderful team at NYGH, check out some features of our Total Rewards package by visiting nygh.on.ca
FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY: As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Occupational Health and Safety department.
How to Apply
Think you’re the right person for the job? Here’s your first chance to show us why:
• Ensure to meet the deadline – only applications received by the closing date will be considered.
• We will review all applications and will contact those selected for an interview.
Please refer to the Job Opportunities page on eric for more detailed application instructions.
At North York General, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live, including those with disabilities. North York General is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.